TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Norfolk Dreams, Wells-next-the-sea, Norfolk
Our aim is for you to have a trouble free and enjoyable stay with us. These T&C’s are published in the spirit of transparency and in order to protect the interests of both guests and owners. Please read carefully and confirm your agreement via email.
Well-behaved children and pets are welcome.
All Cottages are strictly NON-SMOKING
1. Deposit/ Payment A deposit of £100 is due upon booking. The full cost of the rental is then payable 8 weeks before the arrival date. The initial £100 is then used as a security deposit and will be refunded to you once the inventory/ condition check has been made on your departure. We will endeavour to return this within 14 days from the end of your stay. If you book within within 8 weeks of the commencement date the full rental amount is required (plus security deposit).
2. Cancellations. We are an independent family run business and have been operating for over 15 years, and take a professional ‘risk based’ approach to this.
If you cancel your booking, you will forfeit your deposit money. If cancelled within eight weeks of your intended stay, you will forfeit the full amount of your booking. We recommend cancellation insurance to cover this. Any changes to your booking dates may be subject to a £35 administration fee.
3. COVID cancellation/ lockdown. If you are prevented from taking your holiday due to a further enforced Government lockdown we would offer alternative dates at a mutually convenient time.
If you cancel for any other reason including self-isolation, or other illness or injury, the standard policy above will apply. This would include someone testing positive with covid.
As responsible owners we are trying to offer a level of assurance for our guests, but also protect our business during this really challenging time.
Norfolk Dreams have reviewed and enhanced our cleaning processes, ensuring that they comply with government guidance and VisitEnglands 'Good to go' industry standard.
To help us with the challenges posed, we ask for active and open dialogue with ourselves. Should you become symptomatic or test positive for covid prior to your stay, we ask that you update us and do not travel. Personal responsibility is hugely important. If you develop symptoms during or immediately following a stay with us, please let us know asap so that additional deep cleaning measure can take place. For the most up to date guidance please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
4. Smoking is not permitted inside any property by law. If you smoke in the courtyard or garden, please dispose of your cigarettes properly.
5. Removal of property from the cottages
A great deal of hard work and expense goes into maintaining and decorating the cottages, keeping them stocked and keeping things running smoothly. Sadly we have had a (small) number of guests who have taken items from the cottages, which is hugely disappointing. These include things that we have purchased as ornaments, cleaning products, storage boxes and wooden hangers. Although it's rare, this has increasingly become an issue. It’s called theft and is not acceptable. A genuine mistake is a different issue completely and will dealt with as such.
We provide cleaning materials in each cottage. Please DO NOT remove these as they are purchased for guests and our cleaning team to use to keep the cottages clean and sanitised. It you remove items apart from as a genuine mistake, expect to forfeit your deposit.
6. Bookings run from 4pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure. The client is responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and in the same clean condition as they found it. The client undertakes to pay for any breakages or damage, requiring replacement or repair, and for any extra cleaning costs on departure (£15 per hour). Subletting or assignment is not permitted.
The owners cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to client’s baggage or personal effects. We recommend insurance to cover this.
7. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that equipment in the property is in working order, occasionally breakdowns occur. Guests are requested to inform the owner should this happen, so that repairs or remedial action can be initiated promptly.
8. It is the client’s responsibility to supervise children at all times. The owners accept no responsibility for any accident, injury or sickness to any guest howsoever caused.
9. Bedding - You have two options with bedding. We give guests the opportunity of taking their own sheets/ covers or we can supply and arrange for beds to be fully made up for your arrival for an additional £25 per double/ £12 per single. Pillows and quilts are of course provided.
Watchman's has two doubles and two single beds. Both Captain's and Chancer's have one double bed and two singles. Please note that we are unable to supply towels even if you pay for bedding.
10. Pets - Well-behaved pets are welcome by prior arrangement of a £25 fee. We typically allow 2 dogs but will consider 3 dependent upon size. Dogs are not allowed to jump on, or sleep on the soft furnishings or go in the bedrooms. We also ask that all traces of your pet be removed at the end of your stay, including the garden and courtyard areas. We have experienced some damage by non-compliance with our conditions. If you feel that you are unable to comply, please do not book with us - we are trying to maintain high standards. Your cooperation is appreciated to enable us to continue to offer “pet-friendly” accommodation.
11. A travel cot and high chair are available upon request. If you use them, please ensure that they are left clean, and are put away properly after use.
12. Kitchen - Please use the chopping boards provided in order to protect the worktops and ensure that the oven and hob are left in a clean condition. If you use the dishwasher please ensure that it is emptied after use.
13. Each cottage benefits from a log-burning stove. These are multi-fuel so can burn wood or coal. One basket of wood is included in your cost. You may wish to take some kindling and fire lighters for your stay. It is your responsibility to clean and empty the stove if used.
14. Important – We are trying to keep our environmental footprint to a minimum. The heating must be turned off at the end of your stay as the cottage may be empty after your visit. Failure to do so, may result in an appropriate deduction to your security deposit if there is a cost to us.
And finally, for your peace of mind, we have no desire to retain any of your security deposit and thankfully have only needed to do so on a handful of occasions in over 15 years of letting holiday cottages.
All we ask is that you treat the properties with respect and comply with the basic terms and conditions. We have many repeat bookings and would like you to recommend us to friends and family and stay with us again.